About the KwaZulu-Natal Government
The KwaZulu-Natal Government is a government that is established within the KwaZulu-Natal Province, just as it has been suggested from the name itself. The KwaZulu-Natal Government has committed themselves to constantly strive for the improvement of their are’s social welfare and development. This is mainly done through a list of initiatives that are designed by the local government themselves. One of these initiatives is the KwaZulu-Natal Government Bursary Progarmme. This programme is intended to provide well-deserving students with the necessary financial assistance that are needed in order to pursue their further studies in a public university/tertiary institution. In line with the province’s vision and mission, the government is constantly striving for growth.
About the KwaZulu-Natal Government Bursary Programme
The KwaZulu-Natal Government is currently offering several bursary programmes for South African students who are residing within the KwaZulu-Natal Province. There are an abundant amount of Departments and Study Fields that students may choose from in order to be able to sign up for the bursary programme. To see more about the KwaZulu-Natal Government, you can visit their website. The eligible departments and study fields are as indicated below:
- DEPARTMENT DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
- BSc. Mechanical engineering
- Civil engineerin
- Quantity Surveying
- BSc. Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management
- BSc. In Building Science, Honours in Construction Management
- MSc. In Construction Project Management
- BSc. Property studies
- ND: Real Estate.
- Contact Person: Ms P Matee: (033) 260 417414157/518014131
- Post application to: The Bursary Unit, Department of Public, Works, P/B X9041, PIETERMARITBURG, 3200.
- Physical Address: The Department Of Public Works Or Tambo House, 191 Prince Alfred Street, Pietermaritzburg 3200.
- DEPARTMENT DEPARTMENT AGRICULTURE & RURAL DEVELOPMENT
- BSc. Survey/ Soil Science
- Vet Technology
- BSC Agriculture Engineering
- ND Animal Health.
- Contact Person: Mr CM Biyela: (033) 355 9604 Ms. N.T Khumalo (033) 355 9388.
- Physical Address: R103 Cedara off-Ramp, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Pietermaritzburg.
- Post application to: The Director: Human Resource Development, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, P/B X9059, PIETERMARITBURG, 3200.
- DEPARTMENT OF KWAZULU-NATAL PROVINCIAL TREASURY
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics
- Bachelors degree in Forensic related qualification.
- Contact Person: Mrs. T. Suleman Tel: (033) 897 4372.
- Post application to: Postal address: The Bursary Unit, Department of KZN Provincial Treasury, P.O. Box 3613, PIETERMARITBURG, 3200.
- Physical address: Treasury House, 145 Chief Albert Luthuli Road, PMB.
- DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Transportation Management
- National Diploma in Transportation Economics
- Diploma in Logistics Management
- Diploma in Freight and Logistics.
- Contact person: Nomasonto Gwamanda 033 355 8828.
- Physical address: lnkosi Mhlabunzima Maphumulo House, 172 Burger Street, PIETERMARITZBURG.
- DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SETTLEMENTS
- Bachelor of Social Science in Housing
- Contact persons: Mrs C.A. Govender 031 336 5173 Ms M.P. Phama 031 336 5195 Ms M.C. Hlengwa 031 336 5280 Ms T. Hlophe 031 319 3700.
- Post application to: Physical address: Eagle Building, 353-363 Anton Lembede Street, Durban.
- Postal Address: Private Bag X54367, Durban, 4000.
- DEPARTMENT OF ARTS AND CULTURE
- Jewellery Design
- Film Studies (Minimal)
- Language (sign Language & Interpreting)
- Restoration & Conservation
- Archrivals Studies.
- Contact Person: Mrs ZJ Chonco – 033 341 3664 Mr NM Buthelezi – 033 341 3695.
- Post Applications to: The Bursary Unit, Department of Arts and Culture, 171 Boshoff Street PIETERMARITZBURG 3201.
KwaZulu-Natal Government Bursary Requirements
If you are interested in the KwaZulu-Natal Government Bursary Programme, please be informed that there is a set of eligibility criteria that needs to be fulfilled in order to be considered qualified enough for the programme. Failure to meet all of these criteria may result in automatic disqualification from the application process. For more information, you can visit the official website from time to time.
The KwaZulu-Natal Government Bursary Requirements are:
- The candidates must have earned their Matric/Grade 12 certificate
- Is between 18-35 years old
- Is originating from the KwaZulu-Natal Province
- Has a letter of admission into any public university/tertiary institution
- Is currently pursuing any one of the aforementioned study fields
- Previously disadvantaged students are more than welcome to apply for this bursary programme
- Students who plan on pursuing their education within the KwaZulu-Natal Province will be given a higher preference.
How to Apply
To apply for the KwaZulu-Natal Government Bursary programme, all candidates will be required to follow these application procedures clearly. The application instructions are as follows:
- Kindly download the official KwaZulu-Natal Government Bursary application form by clicking on this download link
- Fill in the application form with only correct and accurate personal details.
- Once you have filled in the application form, please attach all of these necessary supporting documents:
- Valid copies of your identification, as well as your parents’/guardians’ identification
- A valid copy of your Matric examination certificate or your current result slip
- Any types of proof of your parents’/guardians’ income status
- Proof of your admission into a tertiary institution/public university
- Optional: Proof that states that both your parents are unemployed (obtained from the Department of Labour)
- Copies of your available certificates.
Once you have all that gathered, kindly submit them to their respective departments. Please be noted that only selected candidates will be given the announcement of their success. If you have not heard back from the department within a period of 4 months, we regret to inform you that your application has been considered unsuccessful.
- All students who plan on applying for this bursary must show their valid admission towards the university. The admission itself is the sole responsibility of the candidate
- The bursary programme contract will is equivalent to the length of period of the candidates’ studies
- The bursary programme can only be acquired by candidates who plan on pursuing their studies on a full time basis in a public institution
- The bursary programme will cover expenses such as tuition fees, stipends for meals, accommodation, and study materials as prescribed by their university.