About Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality
Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality is a city located on the eastern parts of the Eastern Cape Province. The municipality is well-known for its uniqueness. What was once two separate former municipalities, East London and King William’s Town, over time they both have merged into one big municipality in which we now call Buffalo City.
Established in 2000, the municipality is given the name Buffalo City because of Buffalo River, where its mouth has the only river port in South Africa. With a well-structured manufacturing base, industry has played a key role in Buffalo’s City establishment.
Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Job Vacancies 2020
With East London as the epicenter of Buffalo City, the municipality has been regarded as the hub of the Industrial Development Zone programme by the local Buffalo City government. The government strives on developing the municipality’s potential into becoming one of the globe’s most improved platforms for business and investors.
Because of this, Buffalo City requires potential workers who are willing to continuously develop Buffalo City’s import-export business. As the years go by, Buffalo City will be in much need of high-quality manpower who are ready to face the future economic growth of the Buffalo City government.
Interested in looking for employment in Buffalo City? Then look no further! If you are keen on applying for one of Buffalo City’s many job vacancies, visit the official Buffalo City Job Vacancy website here.
How to Apply
Job seekers who are looking for employment in Buffalo City can easily apply for job vacancies in this municipality. Please follow these steps below accordingly:
- Retrieve a job application form from the Buffalo City government office. You may refer the official contacts below to find out their address
- Fill the application form with all required information
- Attach your application form with all supporting documents
- Submit all of your documents and wait for the announcement.
Please note the the Buffalo City government does not accept any soft copy versions of the application forms and documents. Because of that, you will be required to hand deliver them to the office or send it by post.
- If you are planning to hand deliver your application forms, submit them to the Human Resources Department, Buxton House, Buxton Street
- If you are planning to send your application forms by post, submit them to to the Human Resources Department P.O. Box 134, East London, 5200
Successful Buffalo City job vacancy candidates should receive an announcement by the very latest 4 weeks. Should they not receive any word from the Buffalo City government within 28 days of the due date, their job applications are considered to be dismissed and unsuccessful.
However, don’t feel discouraged if your job application has not been accepted. There are always new job vacancies posted by the Buffalo City government. Don’t forget to regularly check the Buffalo City Job Vacancy website for new employment positions. There’s always a job fit for everyone.
Available Buffalo City Job Vacancies:
- Head – Information, Knowledge Management, Research and Policy
- Head – Governance & Internal Audit
- General Manager – Electrical and Energy Services
- Meter Test (Coastal) – Electricity
- Word Processor Operator – Administration Support.
Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Contact Details:
117 Oxford Street
Cnr North & Oxford Streets
PO Box 134